Sunday, September 25, 2011

My 80th Post

I am back to counting posts, which can only mean one thing - I am getting bored!

I seem to be writing all the time, whether it is related to my work or otherwise, on a piece of paper or a word document, on the net or in emails...I am always writing. Hardly a day goes by without me writing in my diary. Sometimes about the most arbitrary things possible. Now when you are doing so much of the same thing, it becomes very boring and monotonous.

I think sometimes, I just check blogs more out of boredom than interest. (But comment I must. I just have to leave my footprints everywhere). I mean if I need information, then there are newspapers and news channels. If I really wanted to read, I would have picked up some good books. If I wanted opinions, then I'd go to professional websites. But, I am mostly found gallivanting around the blogosphere at late nights...in fact anytime of the day. It now gives me negative utility!

So I thought - Blogging...writing and reading blogs is an addiction which can only be overcome by another equally powerful addiction. Now what could possibly interest me??? Lets look at the options -

Painting is simply too much effort and requires a different state of mind, a peaceful state of mind with considerable time at hand. Moreover, I am good at oil and not water, which means a lot of investment. And then, I used to paint but I am not sure whether I would enjoy it as much now.

I sketch but that is hardly a hobby and frankly, I am not too good at that.

Photography? Well, I enjoy that but with a dysfunctional camera things don't look too great at that front either. I have been planning to buy a DSLR but am in no position to do so now! Plus, I am a bit tired of those "thousands" of snaps for which I had to buy an external hard drive (not so amusing actually). I thought I'd start a photo-blog with such a huge collection but that never happened. So, now putting it on back-burner.

Traveling? No, not a "hobby" for God's sake! There is a difference between love and infatuation...I love traveling but am not and can never be addicted to it.

Cooking is fun but not exactly a hobby, atleast not for me. Neither is baking.

I don't understand how people say "listening to music" is their hobby. I mean to think about it, music is everywhere, so it is an essential part of our day to day life, how can it possibly be a hobby.

I can't sing and don't know how to play any instrument. And frankly, don't have the enthusiasm to learn any.

Watching movies? Well, I find that fun but nothing constructive in it. The activity is a very attractive option but I'd consciously like to stay away from it. For me, a hobby should be something that is constructive, gives me positive energy and relaxes me.

Making You tube videos? Sorry, camera not working and have got bored already. Its not as much fun if it isn't in HD quality.

I used to dance  but don't do so anymore. Joining Yoga class sounds more fun than dance at this point of time.

Games? Can't think of any possible game that would keep me hooked!

Gym doesn't sound too much fun, there is no novelty in it. A walk in the park sounds more interesting.

Swimming is something I'd like to learn some day but not as a hobby. For those who know me, realise that such a thing means much more. It is ironic...there are people my age who are scared of drowning and they are told to give it a try and here I am, dying to get into the pool and am told to stay away.  If only people were to understand my enthusiasm...

So what else...I had exhausted all possible options when I suddenly remembered something and did a bit of research on it (yes well, Google helps...didn't deny that part) and lo behold!

I came across Sarah and her website! Bless her God! :-)

So what is so special about that? Well, for one it has the ability to make my life a bit more interesting for the next few months. And yes, it can be a lot of fun (for me ofcourse) :-)

So lets see how it goes. Guyz (well, S actually) if I am not blogging...I am having a lot of fun (no, I am not going to talk about what it is :-p...not yet...surprise surprise)  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like your first line itself. Why you are getting bored. you write good. then why to stop blogging?
    We don't want to be addicted to blogging. Utilise only the free time for blogging in order to express your skill.
    All other times keep reading and exploring.
    Because, we don't want to lose such a tremendous writer from the networld.
    Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wishes and generous comment.:-)
    But the truth is that I am bored of the "activity" of writing. So a bit of diversion would definately help.

    ReplyDelete