Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Conversation of sorts


What happens in a forum, does not remain in the forum ...

(Adapted from a real conversation of computer geeks, with minor changes ;-) )


Little John: People are tweeting everywhere..
Either this was the BIGGEST earthquake to strike Delhi Or another Bomb exploded near my house
Earthquake in Delhi.. People say it was a big earthquake.

Big Buddy: Could anybody confirm that people are safe & no major casualties are found?

Little John: People are saying it's of 6.6 Richter scale!! :-O
Delhi among 30 cities at high risk seismic zone!

Holocaust Holly: Last year there was a similar news on CE in september: Earthquake Rocks Delhi - NCR @ 18 Sept, 12:54 AM

Signs that we are approaching 2012 doom? :-/

Little John (clearly disappointed at the lower magnitude...how dare anyone degrade the earthquake!): The earthquake lasted for 30 seconds it is of 4.7 magnitude only  :-(

Summon Sandy: Tremors were felt across Delhi,NCR and chandigarh too. I felt my table shake violently in Chandigarh.

Swearing Sid : I swear, if I wasn't sitting...I would have fallen. I hope everybody is safe.

I (as in me, blogger) stay in East Delhi (which is right on the fault line) and definately didn't feel like my world was rocking. Though, I admit...if it had lasted for a minute, I wouldn't be sitting and blogging for sure!

Reminiscent Riley: Imagine what happened in Japan! Offices were actually shaking. Thank God, we are safe.

Little John: It could have happened here too. Infact we lie on a major fault zone. With environmental damage, it is only a matter of time.

Geeky Goans: CEans from Delhi/NCR Region, Please confirm that situation is safe now

Holocaust Holly: The situation is safe. Just spoke with my friend who is in Delhi.

Little John : :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment