Monday, February 7, 2011

My meow is like me!


Cats are connoisseurs of comfort” ~  James Herriot

I have a cat( a kitten too but she is no more). Well, technically I do not have a cat...she just sits on our veranda and I feed her, mostly out of pity.



On most days...my early morning routine goes like this- 

Wake up, look at veranda. Nothing there.
Go to kitchen, come back and see meow is waiting for me.
I am not sure whether she is happy to see me, but she sure recognises me.
And then she purrs...
And I talk to her in Bangla, as if she can understand, letting her know that her breakfast is on the way.
Cool the boiled milk to the right temperature so that she doesn't burn her tongue.
And wait for her to finish it.
No, not because I like spending time with her or like observing...
But because she runs away whenever any other cat comes by.
With a broken leg, she has little chance of defending herself.
Is it any surprise that all her kittens died, actually got eaten. :-(




“Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.”

So now, why is this meow like me? 
Because she has particular preferences in food and would rather go hungry than have anything else. So her diet is basically : un-diluted milk, meat, chicken, fish and egg york (not egg white). My parents find a lot of resemble between me and her because I am a bit picky and choosy about food too and would rather make my own  food (which BTW is reasonably tasty) than have something I totally detest shoved down my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment