Saturday, January 22, 2011

Left...or is it Right?

I am a leftist to the core...

By that I do not mean that I believe in leftist ideology or am an active member of the left parties. By that I only mean that I have figured out a new way of remembering “bahine” and “dahine”, which is “left” and “right” when translated into English.

And I realized that the best way to remember that “bahine” is left is by remembering, “bampanthi” which means leftist (who are always in news, sometimes for ridiculous reasons).

Right or Left (Image taken from here)

It is strange, sometimes I forget to remember things without any effort at all, and especially the ones I think are of no particular significance. I guess it is the same with everybody- I forget telephone numbers, birthdays, any dates and sometimes people too if I think that they are dispensable in my life. I mean one doesn’t want to carry extra baggage around. I remember a girl who used to be a good friend of mine at one point of time. We used to spend a lot of time together in school and I haven’t spoken to her in years after a particular incident. Initially it was a conscious decision and now she only occurs in my mind when I think of how easy it is to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment